Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Superstar-Chapter 46

Chapter 46: Confessions

“You won’t believe the good news, Ma. A man named Russell Tilbert offered to become our manager. For free. We’re gonna pay him, of course, but It’s just awesome that he even offered to do that.”
Terry sat on the grass in front of his mother’s grave. The sun hung brightly in a cloudless sky, as if God and Belinda were smiling on the band’s good fortune.
“The bad news, because there’s always some bad news somewhere, is we lost the contest. Wanda decided to be vindictive and not show up, so Dom had to fill in.” Terry broke into a smile and said,” She did a great job, though. I wish you could’ve seen her, Ma.”
Terry’s face fell. “I didn’t teach her, though. I mean, Dom already knew how to play, but she wanted me to show her how to get better. I didn’t do it. I also didn’t help her learn Avant Groove’s material. If Lisa hadn’t we would’ve been completely screwed.
“I know, I know, It looked like I was trying to control her, but I wasn’t. Really. Okay, maybe a little.”
He sighed. “I just want to be her everything, Ma. I know, I sound like the Bee Gees but, I really do want to be everything to Dom. I don’t want anybody else to do for her. Okay, okay, Ma. I was trying to control her. I just don’t wanna lose her, Ma. I don’t wanna lose her.”
Terry hung his head and sighed again. Something had taken root in his heart, a feeling he couldn’t explain. To all appearances, everything was going well, looking up in fact, but for some reason, Terry felt uneasy.

As he left the cemetery, Terry buried the feeling, chalking it up to nervousness about Russell and whether or not he would hold up his end of things. Maybe.

(c)2015 Courtney & W.L. Sherrod

As always, Like me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter and check out the Kindle Store for my first novel, Facets: Stories of the Mundane and the Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment