Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Superstar-Chapter 38

Hello, all...Took a week off for Christmas, which was awesome, and for the last Tuesday of 2014...Another chapter of Superstar! Thanks to everyone who has read and followed or liked me as I've shared this on my blog. I appreciate you all and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Chapter 38: Can I Take You Out Tonight

There was no practice for Avant Groove on Saturdays so Dom was able to sleep in, which was a rare and welcome treat. She was dreaming about Terry feeding her strawberries dipped in chocolate. He had just taken one and traced a line of sweetness down to her chest and was following the trial with his tongue when the phone rang and startled Dom awake.
She cursed her luck and whoever was calling at…Eight Thirty-five in the fuckin’ morning. She grabbed the phone in stranglehold and snapped, “Hello?!”
“Hi,” the voice said nervously. “Can I speak to Dominique?”
“Who is this?” Dom was about to let the caller have a piece of her mind when he said…
“This is Terry.”
“Oh. Hi.” Dom said, thankful he couldn’t see the crimson flush on her face.
“Sorry for calling so early, “Terry said. “I just wanted to ask you something”
“And this couldn’t wait until later today?” Dom asked, trying to keep her tone even.
“Well, I was already up and I didn’t want to wait.” Terry explained. “And I’m sorry for doing this at the last minute…”
“Terry, what is it?”
“Would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?” Dom was caught completely off guard and rendered speechless.
“You know, an answer would be good right about now,” Terry quipped.
“Oh, yeah, yes, I’d love to go with you.” Dom answered. She could hear the smile in his voice as he said he’d be over to pick her up at 5:00.
“I’ll be ready, then. By the way, why did you call so early?”
“If I didn’t do it now, I probably would’ve lost my nerve.”
“You actually were scared I was gonna say no?”
“Well, you never know…”
“Believe me, you never have to worry about that. I love spending time with you.”
“I’m very glad to hear that,” Terry said.
“Good. Can I go back to sleep now?”
“Sure. Sorry. See you later.”

Dom nodded, though he couldn’t see the gesture and hung up the phone. She went back to sleep, but couldn’t get back to that chocolate-strawberry dream though.

(c)2014 Courtney & W.L. Sherrod


No comments:

Post a Comment