Friday, November 21, 2014

Superstar-Chapter 33

Well...Finally...I know everyone was waiting with bated breath for the next chapter...Even if it was late...But here it is! Follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook!

Chapter 33: Set The Night To Music

Once they got to the Warehouse, Terry set up Lisa’s keyboards and his guitar and they proceeded to polish up Dom’s songs; tightening an arrangement here, fleshing out ideas there. Before long, they started to write lyrics to a couple of tunes. Dom had seen Terry work on music with Avant Groove during rehearsals, but she was particularly touched by the fact that they were working on her music, songs from her mind. They sounded even better than she could’ve imagined. Terry even stepped to the mic and sang on a tune.
“I didn’t know you could sing.” She said.
“I’m alright.” Terry said with a sheepish grin. “I picked up some technique over time, but I really don’t like singing.”
“Why not? You sound good, babe, kinda like Maurice White.”
Terry grinned and looked embarrassed as he said thanks.
“Thank you for helping me with my music.” Dom said.
“No problem, Angel. That’s what I’m here for.”
“Could you teach me how to play keyboards?”
“You already know how to play.” Terry stated.
“Yeah, but not as good as I want to. I wanna play what I hear in my head.” Right then, Terry’s mind flashed back to the “Gutbuzz” Eric had about Dom. If she was more independent, she’d leave him. He’d be alone and he wasn’t about to let that happen.
“I can do your music for you, Dom.”
“Thanks.” She said. “I appreciate it, but I wanna do it on my own.”
“No. I’m gonna do the music for you, baby.” Terry said as he walked back over to his guitar. “Come on.”
Dom was speechless. She wanted to stop him and talk, but he was concentrating on tuning his guitar. A kernel of discontent crystallized inside her. The way he brushed her off bothered her.
“You gonna play?” Terry asked her.

“Sure.” Dom said and got behind the keyboard. The discontent grew into annoyance and finally an angry resolve. She kept a poker face and played the good girlfriend, but it was obvious Terry wasn’t going to help her unless it was done his way. Dom thought of a way around that. Terry wouldn’t like it, but that was something he’d just have to deal with.

(c)2014 W.L. Sherrod & Courtney Sherrod

No comments:

Post a Comment