Monday, July 21, 2014

Superstar-Chapter 18

Howdy, Everyone! Thanks again for tuning in and reading my story here. Also thanks to Nancy Peterson for sharing chapter 17 on Google Plus! If you get the chance, check out my Author Page, W.L. Sherrod, on Facebook and like it or follow me on Twitter. (@wlsherrod is my handle there)
Anyway, on to the story...


Chapter 18: Don’t You Want Me


There was a knock at the door.
Terry wasn’t expecting anyone. Eric and Lisa were both at work and nobody really visited him outside of those two. He was mildly annoyed with whoever it was. He’d just started putting a guitar line on tape, something that would develop into a good song with a little work. He turned off the recorder and opened the door. The annoyance factor went through the roof when he saw Wanda standing there.
“What the hell do you want?”
“I’d like to come in and talk, if I could.”
With a deep, asthmatic sigh, Terry moved aside and let her in. She quickly moved to the couch and sat down. He was about to sit in his easy chair, when Wanda patted the seat next to her and asked him to join her. Reluctantly, Terry did.
“What did you wanna talk about?”
Wanda looked very uncomfortable with the question. Obviously, there was something on her mind and she was having trouble finding the right way to phrase her thoughts. Terry, however, wasn’t in the mood to be patient.
“Look, you caught me in the middle of practice. If you have a point, I’d like to hear it sometime this century.”
She took a deep breath and said, “I dreamed about you last night.”
“Excuse me?”
“I dreamed about you last night,” She repeated.
Terry grinned. “I bet there was an assortment of bladed and spiked weapons and torture involved.”
An embarrassed smile came to her face. “Naw, nothin’ like that,” she said softly.
“Then what?”
Wanda gazed deep and unblinking into Terry’s eyes. The warmth and affection there cut through all the annoyance and anger and touched his heart.
“I dreamed we were under a tree in a park and it was raining.” Wanda began. “You had on a white linen shirt. The rain made your face and hair glisten and the shirt mold itself to the shape of your body.  I kissed you and wrapped my arms around you, pushed you against the tree and proceeded to peel every piece of wet clothing off you.”
Wanda placed a hand on Terry’s knee, gently massaging it. Terry looked at her hand and the rest of her. She had on a black turtleneck that revealed the generous curves of her breasts and a mid-thigh length denim skirt that only partially covered the elegant lines of her legs.
“I had on a yellow sundress—“, Wanda continued, “—and you could see my nipples through the fabric. You kissed them through the dress, then you ripped off my clothes and we made love against the tree, on the ground, me riding you, you riding me. God, it was so hot.”
Terry felt like a deer caught in a semi’s approaching headlights. He always tuned Wanda out, always seeing her, but never really seeing her. Her beauty and femininity always escaped him.
There was no mistaking or missing it now.
“I got so excited from the dream, I had a really niiiice orgasm.” Wanda purred. Her hand travelled from Terry’s knee up his thigh and brushed his hardening manhood. Terry jumped up spastically, as if he were being shocked and retreated to the far side of the room. Wanda stood up and glided over to where he stood.
“Terry, you’re not scared of me are you?”
“Uh…of…uh…of course not,” He stammered.
“Then, why did you run away?” She asked as she backed Terry into the wall and placed her hands on either side of him.
Some of the fear left Terry’s eyes and he said, “Because I’m wondering if you’re trying to fuck your way to the lead singer spot.”
Wanda looked at him like he’d grown a second head. “Terry, in case you missed it, I was hitting on you big time.”
“I caught that,” Terry said, feeling much more relieved to be back on safer emotional ground where Wanda was concerned.
“Then why the hell would you say somethin’ like that?” she demanded. “I know I can be a bitch sometimes, but I really do like you Terry. It’s not like you and Dom are together right now, so I wanted to take my shot, let you know how I felt.”
“I appreciate that, but I don’t feel the same way towards you, Wanda.”
Disappointment seeped onto her face. Terry felt a little bad for crushing her heart like that, but he had to be as honest with her as she was finally being with him.
“Why?” Wanda asked and plopped down onto the couch. “Why don’t you?”
Terry folded his arms across his chest and thought about the question. “She touched me deep inside without even saying a word,” he said. “When our eyes met, it was like our souls touched.” Terry locked gazes with Wanda, warmth and resolved shining in his eyes. “She’s the part of me I didn’t even know I was missing.”
Wanda looked like she’d swallowed a jellyfish. “Well, I can’t compete with that,” she muttered to herself. She sighed and stood up. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears.
“You do realize Dom doesn’t want anything to do with you right now.”
“Yeah. That’s gonna change, though.”

“Well, good luck with that.” Wanda said as she walked out of the door.  He didn’t walk her out, so he missed the tears in her eyes. Not that they would’ve mattered to him anyway. His mind was focused on the muse that visited him before Wanda came and the belief that he and Dom would be together again.


(c)2014 Courtney and W.L. Sherrod

No comments:

Post a Comment